An economic boycott of Florida based companies will force corporations to use their power and influence to change the laws that set child murder George Zimmerman free and put an end to their corrupt legal system.
While protests & vigils are appropriate, they haven’t done much to stop the tide of racially profiled murder victims. We’ve held them following Sean Bell, Oscar Grant, Rodney King with little effect.
Here’s a list of Florida based companies you can boycott from any state, that will have a strong economic impact & bring about meaningful change:(It’s so a good idea to tweet them too)
1) Do not buy products or services produced in Florida. Oranges, Tropicana orange juice, Elizabeth Arden Cosmetics, Hertz Rental cars, Perry Ellis International,Tupperware, Sunbeam appliances, Trac Phone Wireless, Cash4Gold, EA Tiburon which owns EA Electronics Video Games
2) Don’t patronize restaurants based in Florida. Darden corporation owns Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, The Capital Grille, Eddie V’s and Yard House, Bloom Brand own Outback Steakhouse, also these franchises Pizza Fusion, Ruth’s Chris Steak House
3) Don’t shop at any stores based out of Florida. Office Depot, Stein Mart Clothing, Bijoux Terner Fashions, Peace Love World Apparel ,Badcock Home Furniture, Champs Sports, Tire Kingdom
4) Don’t stay at hotels with owner companies based in Florida. Chatham Lodging Trust owns many Residence Inns, Hyatt Hotels, Hampton Inns.
5) Don’t use any Florida based web services such as Web.com, Friend finder Networks owns perfectmatch.com, friendfinder.com
6) Don’t buy from HSN, the Home Shopping Network.
7) Don’t shop at any Florida based grocery stores WinnDixie, Publix Super Markets
8) Don’t buy from Florida based online companies – Tiger Direct Computer Supplies, Bankrate.com
9)Please plan your vacation & conventions in other states, Skip Disney, Epcot Center, Orlando Studios
10) If anyone knows of companies that should be added please leave them in the comments
Don’t forget, there are alternatives to all these products, so even if you live in Florida you can still boycott these companies by buying products & services produced by out of state companies. You don’t have to leave the state to boycott.
Please don’t be taken by the fear mongering headlines that boycotting will effect the people hurting most in Florida. It’s going after large corporations, not small business owners. If this is done nationwide, the losses these companies will suffer should cause them to take action long before huge layoffs take place. Peace and Blessings